Caistor St Edmund Parish Council invites you as a resident of the Parish to have your say on the South Norfolk Council Community Governance Review 2017 – 2018
What is it?
- A review of all of the parishes in the South Norfolk district;
- to ensure that community governance for the district continues to be effective and convenient;
- and reflects the identities and interests of the community.
The review will consider:
- Parish areas – creating, merging, altering or abolishing parishes
- The naming of parishes and the style of new parishes
- The electoral arrangements for parishes (the ordinary year of elections; council size, the number of councillors to be elected to the council, and parish warding)
- Grouping parishes under a common parish council or de-grouping parishes
- Consequential matters – e.g. the effect on existing parishes; dealing with parish assets; resolving issues relating to employees of existing parishes; setting a precept for a new Council; setting a date for the next elections and subsequent electoral cycles.
TO HAVE YOUR SAY PLEASE COMPLETE THE SURVEY; https://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/boundary-and-polling-station-reviews#open
This will only take a short space of time only 11 questions in total and if you are happy with your current Parish arrangements only 7 questions to complete. Closing date for responses is 12th June 2017. Closing date extended to 12th July 2017!
If you require any further information please contact the Parish Clerk @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Chairman @ JeanetteUtting@aol.com or 01508 494198.