The Caistor St Edmund war memorial was built in the churchyard of St Edmund’s church by Reverend John Corbould-Warren, the Rector of Caistor-with-Markshall, in 1922, as a memorial to the men of the parish who fell in the Great War of 1914 to 1918.
The eight men who died in World War 1 represented a high percentage of loss from Caistor St Edmund as at that time, there were only 32 households in the village.
Please see attached leaflet for further information – War Memorial Leaflet
Historic England advised on the 6th February 2017 that after a successful application submitted by Caistor St Edmund Parish Council to Historic England, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport had decided to add Caistor St Edmund War Memorial to the List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. The memorial is now listed at Grade II. Listing helps to mark a building’s significance and celebrate its special architectural and historic interest. It brings specific protection so that its special interest can be properly considered in managing its future.